Sunday, September 29, 2013

Excerpts of a handwritten letter, 9/22/13

                                                                                     September 22, 2013
Family!

I'm sorry I have been so bad at writing the past couple of weeks. Things are starting to slow down so hopefully it will get easier to write.

Thanks so much for the C.A.R.E. package with the shirt, skirt and soccer cleats! That was so nice of you. I've worn the shirt already and I wore the shirt today. Thank you!!! It's so nice to have new things to wear. Especially because your old clothes get worn out from being worn and cleaned so much. I also enjoyed reading the Ward Missionary Messenger!

My companion, Sis. Pitts and I just listened to a voicemail from President Berry, our mission president. He said something along the lines of: "Sis. Kirkham and Sis. Pitts, God bless you! I'm just looking at your numbers and saw that you had 3 new investigators at church this Sunday. I just wanted to call and say, 'Way to go!'  and thanks for all your hard work." How cool is that!?! I've never had the President call to compliment us on our numbers before. It is definitely motivating and feels really good knowing that our leaders are recognizing our hard work. :D It is really a blessing because this is Sis. Pitts and my first time having that many new investigators at church on the same Sunday. Pretty awesome :D

Please tell Lauren how happy I am for her and I so wish I could be there to see her and support her on such an exciting day as her sealing. So crazy to think she is married! I got their wedding announcement but haven't had time to write back and congratulation them. Tell her that I love her.

Sounds like Angie is having a blast at school. I'm glad to hear she is making good friends down at the Y. She will have so much more fun at school as she continues to strengthen relationships down there.

That's great to hear that Mar is so happy and that Isla is healthy.

I'm so excited for General Conference coming up. I can't even tell you!. Things are so much more appreciated, so much more exciting and special out here on the mission. I can't wait. I can't believe it's been a year since the missionary age change. Time sure flies . Now look where I am! I hope things go well for Kenzie Knell! When does she leave?

You should know that Sister Pitts and I have been asked to sing a duet at a funeral thing Thursday. Ahhh! haha! The dad that past away was only in his 50s and left behind teenagers. Pretty sad. I must admit that I'm really nervous to sing. Pray for us!

Well, I better get going. I love you guys! Thanks so much for all you do. I sure love hearing from you and how you are doing. Know that I'm doing great here in New Smyrna Beach with Sis. Pitts :D

I love you!

Sis. Kirkham


No comments:

Post a Comment