Thursday, May 22, 2014

Katie has a new companion in a new area. She transferred to the Olympia Ward Area! Loving it already!

Family!!!

I have some shocking news...I'm leaving Goldenrod!! I didn't think that was going to happen…at least not this soon. Sister Pugmire and I booked up our whole Tuesday with appointments because we were so sure that we were staying together for another transfer :(   So sad that I'm leaving Sister Pugs and missing out on teaching Skye and Krystal.... :(

….But it's ok. I'm excited for a new area :) I'm also glad that I get to go to the transfer meeting because there are a lot of missionaries going home this transfer and I get to hear their departing testimonies! :) One of those missionaries going home is Elder Dane Peterson! It is so weird that he is going home... I remember when I was at his home for the opening of his mission call! Who knew that I would end up following him out here to good old Florida? :)

This past week was interesting. Literally every appointment we had scheduled ended up not working out or being rescheduled... It was the craziest thing. It was really cool to see how Sister Pugmire and I continued to work hard with faith to follow God’s will and we still were able to teach a lot! Something that I have feel impressed to focus on
even more this next transfer is the importance and power of recognizing the promptings of the Spirit and receiving and acting on personal revelation. The ONLY way that we can find success in missionary work is by knowing what God’s plan is. When we are doing our weekly and nightly planning, we need to know what God’s weekly and nightly plans are and align ours with His ;) We were able to see that a lot this past week! Even when things fell through minutes before the appointment we would stop and say a prayer to realign our will with God’s and ask where we needed to be. I love those moments of following the Spirit and seeing how perfect God’s plan is. For example, yesterday we went to a street that we had planned on finding in our weekly and nightly planning... When we got there... there were literally 3 homes on the whole street... Haha! We were about to turn back and do our back up plan on another street to find... But I had one of those great moments of feeling the Spirit nudge me to stay on the the original street we had in our plan.... The Spirit nudged me once and I pushed it away. It nudged me again and I paid more attention to it… Then it nudged me again even more strongly so I decided it would be a good thing to listen to it;)   We parked the car and got out just in time to talk to a woman that was walking towards our car. We were able to talk with her and we ended up teaching her right there on the side of the road. We were also able to set up a return appointment! I love moments like that. It's just confirms and strengthens my faith and I stand in AWE of the blessings that come from relying on the Spirit and putting my full trust in God. He knows who is ready to hear the gospel. He knows what is best to help his children. :) I just love this gospel so much!! It's so comforting to me to know that I have the gift of the Holy Ghost so that I never have to worry about what to do... whether it's missionary work or my own personal
decisions, I need to make, God knows and sees all. All we have to do is
put our trust in Him that He knows what's best for us :)   If we can learn to follow the Spirit and ask for God’s will in all that we do, we will never have to worry about the decisions we make. We can have the faith and comfort knowing that we are on the path that God wants us to be on... The path that will lead us to the most blessings in the end, whether we receive those blessings now or in the future :) How amazing is that??

This next week is going to be crazy with packing, moving, unpacking and getting to know a new ward and area! But I'm excited to see what this next chapter of my mission is going to be like :)

I'm so sad that I'm missing all the celebrations for Jane’s wedding coming up... but tell her how much I love her and am SOOO happy for her :) She looks so happy and beautiful!!!! Give her and Jen a big hug for me. Also, tell Jen happy 1st year anniversary!!! Ah! That's SO weird that she has been married a whole stinkin’ year!

I love you guys!!!

Love,


Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment